VBAC Vaginal birth after c.section
VBAC after c section is becoming very popular and 60 to 80% of women who attempt a VBAC have one.
Fears about VBAC
* explore any strong emotions associated with the first ceasarean.
* why was the ceasarian done in the first place, was the hospital the reason.
* was she given enough time during her labour!
* will she have a uterine rupture? she needs to read up on this and know that it is unlikely.
* she must explore all the birth/labour information on the subject
Special challenges during a VBAC
* as she enters labour she might be fearful
* Courage and conviction will be put to the test
* Flashbacks to her previous labour could sap her confidence
* emotion hurdle when the last c section was done... maybe 5 cm so difficult to get past that stage
Making changes for a good birth / labour experience
Knowing that this labour will not be allowed to happen as the first one did.
Getting a doula who has been at previous VBAC's who can keep the mum steady and relaxed
labour and birth without restrictions of staying in her bed
Support - surround yourself with people you respect
Knowledge - is the best tool you can ever have